Friday 29 April 2016

Breaking news: Goat gets Chile so sets out for warmer climates + cake

Captain's log: Stardate 29041.6

So the goat Horhay featured in some of my previous posts managed to escape the confines of the garden the other night. He has not been heard from since. Horhay if you're reading this please call 0800-horhay-come-back-we-miss-you-lots.

In other news, Amy and I are heading to Chile on Sunday for around a week. We depart at 2000 on an 18 hour bus :( to Calama, where we'll change for another bus :( for an hour or so to get to San Pedro de Atacama. We'll stay there for a bit, and then try and get back to Uyuni in Bolivia, to see the salt flats there with Naia (also featured in previous posts). After that it's back to Cochabamba. We should get back sometime on Monday the 9th May. I'll be checking my e-mails, so I should be semi-responsive.

I'm currently attempting to make a strawberry chocolate moelleux for a friends leaving party. I've made a raspberry version before in the UK, but this is my first attempt at making it here. Hopefully it'll work out. This cake is possibly the best ever. You have a hot warm cup-cake / muffin, with a fruity liquidy centre. Source recipe here: http://fxcuisine.com/?Display=135


3 comments:

  1. Closing one of your bugs for the Shark manufacturing app, fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Engine Room17 May 2016 at 14:06

    Might re-open it! :)

    ReplyDelete